New Student Orientation
The best way to apply for enrollment in Air Force ROTC is to attend the Cadet New Student Orientation (NSO) held just before the start of each semester. NSO is a half-day event for students and parents and includes briefings on scholarship opportunities, clubs, program requirements, standards, and expectations, as well as info on where to be/what to wear during your first few weeks as a new cadet. Parents are welcome to attend and are encouraged to take the opportunity to ask questions. Refreshments and lunch with new cadets, parents, and current cadets are held during the event. Prospective cadets must register for themselves and their parents if attending the NSO.
To complete the application process, prospective cadets should bring the following items with them to the orientation:
- Original and a copy of your birth certificate
- Original and a copy of your Social Security card
- SAT/ACT scores (if taken)
- Transcripts from all colleges attended (An unofficial copy or a printed out screenshot of your college transcripts are OK. We do not need your high school transcripts.)
- DD 214/DD 785 (Only if prior service or academy personnel)
- A list of any prior civil involvements, issuing authority, dates, and outcomes (Example: Speeding ticket for going 55 mph in a 45 mph area / Tucson Police Department / May 2015 / paid fine and attended traffic school)
- A current sports physical on Air Force Form 28 (provided to the prospective cadet prior to orientation via email)
- Notebook/pen to take notes
Wear comfortable, conservative civilian attire to NSO. This will be the first time you meet the Commander and faculty; dress to make a good first impression.